HsGpsDll is a Windows Dynamic Link Library which provides access to any NMEA-183 compliant GPS receiver via a serial communications port.
HsGpsDll is designed for use from Visual C, C++, Visual C Sharp .NET, Visual Basic or other programming languages, capable of calling DLL functions.
HsGpsDll allows a user application to easily read from a GPS device the current GPS position fix and current velocity over ground (speed in kilometers per hour).
GPS position fix obtained via HsGpsDll contains:
* Latitude coordinate in degrees, minutes, seconds and direction (South / North)
* Longitude coordinate in degrees, minutes, seconds and direction (East / West)
* Coordinates in decimal degree format
* Fix quality - valid or invalid
* Number of satellites in view
* Speed in kilometers per hour
* Altitude (Mean Sea Level)
* UTC date and time
The use of HsGpsDl Library is Royalty Free.
* Interfaces a GPS receiver over COM ports COM1 - COMn (any port number can be used)
* To obtain GPS information, HsGpsDll decodes the following sentences of NMEA-183 (National Marine
Electronics Association, Interface Standard 0183:
- $GPGGA - geographical position fix data
- $GPRMC - Recommended minimum specific GPS data
- $GPVTG - velocity over ground